Make drawings in the real world, photograph them with Tunetrace and hear them transformed into music.
When you photograph a real drawing, the image becomes a computer program that generates live music. Watch as Tunetrace gradually translates your photograph into a skeleton of line endings and crossings. Then the real magic begins. Twinkling lights obey a few very simple rules to navigate your drawing, making music as they go.
Change the drawing and you change the music. The rules are simple but the results can be mind-bogglingly complex. Some drawings make music that repeats in a loop, but some become songs that seem never to repeat. Is it possible to make a drawing that plays music that never ends? Delve deep into the utterly unique magical mystery of Tunetrace and you might find out.
Tunetrace is an app that has to be seen and heard to be believed.
Built using openframeworks.cc
Icons by entypo.com
• Take your creativity off the screen and draw with pen on paper, like we did in the good old days!
• Enjoy the show of sound and light dancing across your drawing.
• Touch the screen for slow motion, fast-forward, pause, play and reset controls.
• Turn the screen upside down to see the structure of your drawing as Tunetrace sees it.
• Compose music just by doodling, and share it by sharing your drawings.
• Very detailed drawings take longer to be traced. Be patient and the tune will start eventually.
|iPhone & iPad||$0.00||None|