Travel back in time to the dawn of electronic music with this strange retro app – a MIDI player preloaded with 500+ legendary Fairlight Computer Musical Instrument sounds.
The first byte-perfect re-issue of the classic CMI sounds of the 80s, immortalised by artists including Alan Parsons, Jean Michel Jarre, Trevor Horn, Thomas Dolby, Brian Eno, Kate Bush, Peter Gabriel, Stevie Wonder and so many more.
This app includes a play-only demo of the famous ‘Page R’, which was the world's first screen-based rhythm sequencer. Today every sampler, digital synthesiser, sequencer and audio workstation can trace its lineage back to this legendary machine.
Now you can have, in your pocket or on your iPad, a piece of history developed by Fairlight staff who worked on the CMI in the '80s.
- browse and play the entire original Fairlight CMI IIX Sounds floppy disk library
- 564 voices imported digitally.
- play the CMI voices from an external MIDI input (supports Core Midi, Line6 MidiMobilizer or Akai SynthStation), or use the on-screen keyboard
- display voices graphically using the iconic Page D, and change your viewpoint by tilting your iPhone/iPad.
- play built-in Fairlight CMI Page R compositions or import and play compositions sent to you by others.
- authentic Fairlight CMI user interface experience, including floppy disk quirks.
UPGRADE to PRO VERSION
Use the in-App upgrade process to add “pro” features for an additional $39.99. Fairlight Pro App includes CMI III voices, the ability to compose 8 track songs using the Page R pattern sequencer, sampling your own voices from the microphone or line in and much more. See the “Fairlight Pro” app description for details.
This App will play music on an iPod Touch 2G and an iPhone 3G, but those devices are just not powerful enough to give you a useful recording interface with all the heavy-duty audio synthesiser magic. So if you want to upgrade to Pro, you will need a minimum of an iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch 3G or iPad for this to be a useful tool.
|iPhone & iPad||$9.99||None|